Tuesday, March 20, 2018

iPhone iCloud Keychain not syncing

So recently my iPhone stopped syncing my keychain information from my Macbook.

I've tried updating my iOS on my iPhone to the latest & OS on my Macbook to the latest, but that didn't help.

Nothing from apple support pages (https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT203783) helped too.

I was almost going to use another password manager to store my passwords that could sync. I was starting to use google to save my new passwords.

Then I chanced upon this thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8187366). Specifically this post:
"I did have some luck removing one device from my iCloud. In this case, I removed my MacBook Pro because I didn't want to re-do all my Apple Pay cards on my iPhone. But, when I did this, it triggered some kind of re-authorization of all my existing devices. So I basically had to re-enter my password on all my devices, and once that was done my iCloud passwords started synchronizing again. I don't know if it will stay that way, but we'll see."

I didn't have any spare device that I could remove from my iCloud, so I added a spare iPhone I had at home to my existing iCloud by signing into my iCloud using that spare iPhone.

And that did the trick! I can ditch my plans to use another password manager.

Hope that helps.

No comments: